A first class example of a privately owned semi-custom Class 40. The BM40 'Kika Green Challenge' was launched in 2014 and comes from the design office of Sam Manuard. This example benefits from many extras including up to date sails, new deck paint and ready to be commissioned for the sailing season. All vacuum bagged, epoxy E glass on foam sandwich construction. S/S rudder stocks, HT Steel keel fin with composite fairing.
Never raced across the Atlantic but winning many Mediterranean offshore races where the boat has been based since launch. Outstanding boat and ideal entry level semi-custom design from the current wizard of the Class 40 class designers. Ideal for the Route of Rhum 2018.
Boat is build with epoxy resin and glass vacuum lamination regards. Boat is white. Graphic is with wrapping
First owner yacht
1st Overall La Duecento x 2 2017 In two-handed class and overall
1st Overall La Cinquecento x 2 2016
1st Class 40 Middle Sea Race 2015
2nd Class 40 Middle Sea Race 2014
Refits and renewals
- Change and modified ballast.
- All hydraulic system new
- All electric system new
- New more ergonomic Cockpit
- New electronics.
- New deck hardware configuration and new stoppers
- New wrapping of hull
- New carbon bracket for radar. Much stronger than previous, and new cable
- New forestay PBO
- Dismount and service of Mast, rudder, and keel
- Survey and check with ultrasonic of mast, rigging, carbon bowsprit, rudder etc.
- New Jack line dyneemadeck and cockpit
- new cockpit glass and sealed
How is she kept:
Boat is in water from March to October . From November they dismount and service everything winches, electronics engine, riggingetc.. and they cover entire boat. Except years when they put boat without mast inside .
Sails (North Sails) condition and maintenance:
Yearly service to North of each sails
- New Main and solent in 3di: These Sails have only 2 races. 200 miles and 500 miles of Adriatic, max 15kn during 200 miles and 10 kn o f wind during 500. So Sails are like new
- Mainsail kevlar 2014: 2018 Full service from North, rel good sail for delivery or race with strong wind
- Solent 2014: 70% refit 2014, ok
- delivery Staysail 2014: 90%
- Code 0 2014: 70%
- A2 2014: 90%
- A3 2014: 85%
- A5 2015 95%
- Storm Jib 2014: 100%