Absolutely ready to go with new set of sails!
Winner Rolex Malta Middle Sea Race 2018 in IRC2 and 2nd position ORC2!
She was built in 2000 by Carroll Marine in the USA. and campaigned professionally by Team Chessie Racing for 3 seasons (2000-2002).
Owners acquired the boat in 2003 from George Collins in USA, the last Privateer that raced the VOR. She is a full carbon racing yacht built on an One Design prescription in 2000 from Carroll Marine USA, and untill today had only the two owners mentioned. One Design translates to strong, long lasting, well thought, unbreakable, all round, fast, no rule compromise and perfectly equipped with Hall carbon spars, Lewmar, Harken, Spinlock, Navtec gear and Yanmar engine. But One Design from Bruce Farr means more than anything else User Friendly.
Team Optimum, coming from a 36-footer, managed in their second season only(2004) to win the Aegean Rally and the Rolex Middle Sea Race (in IRC & IMS) back to back with a crew of usual suspects (amateurs). In 2008 ORCi World Championship we finished 5th overall and 1st Corinthians and in 2016 ORCi European Championship 9th overall. OPTIMUM 3 has reached the podium in the Aegean Rally 11 times, including 5 times 1st.
She has always been dry-sailed, spending no more than 60 days per year in the water, the rest on its US made custom cradle. OPTIMUM 3 has been maintained and upgraded rigorously. Nowadays, she sports a 2,05 meter carbon bowsprit, flies 300 sqm masthead spinnakers that are lowered through a new XL bow hatch and hoists a 100+ sqm mainsail with a square top of 1,6m supported by 3 carbon battens/systems that slide on a special glued-on low profile Hall Spars/Antal dual mast groove track that has proved extremely efficient and versatile. The B&G/Ockham electronics package is PC driven, updated and runs Deckman and Expedition tactical software and all info needed is readily available on any smart screen on board through extended Wi-Fi. Navtec Hydraulics for boomvang, outhaul and at the mast step are fully operational and are reliable solutions to control the loads even in gale force conditions like the ones we encountered in 2004, 2007 and 2014 in the Rolex Middle Sea Race.
- Winner Aegean Rally 2020
- Winner Rolex Malta Middle Sea Race 2018 in IRC2 and 2nd position ORC2
- 9th place Class A&B – ORCi EUROPEAN Championship 2016
- 2nd 2014 Rolex Middle Sea Race in ORCi class 2 and 4th in IRC class 2.
- 1st 2012 Rolex Middle Sea Race in ORCi overall and 4th in overall IRC.
- 5th OVERALL & 1st Corinthians – ORCi World Championship 2008.
- 1st IMS 1A & 4th IRC 1A – Rolex Middle Sea Race 2006.
- 1st OVERALL in both IMS & IRC - Rolex Middle Sea Race 2004.
- Quantum Carbon Velum Square Top Offshore mainsail with Antal cars system and 2 reefs.
- Quantum Carbon Velum Jib No1
- Quantum A2 spinnaker
- Quantum A3 spinnaker
- Boom, repainted, serviced and maintained all boom systems and applied a carbon protection plate to guard the boom from spinnaker sheet chafe.
- Major service of the winch/pedestal system as part of maintenance schedule.
- Replacement of the twin backstays to brand new ones from NAVTEC France.
- New halyards, sheets and running ropes.
- Quantum code 3 Jib
- Quantum fractional A5(230sqm)
- All new Running Rigging Incl : Loops, Lashings, Hallyard
- New Runners
- CODE 2 (medium) 7/2016 QUANTUM FUSION-M CARBON
- New headfoil harken 2017
- New grey leather grip applied on steering wheels.
- New rectangular EXTRA LARGE bow hatch to speed up spinnaker takedowns.
- New black powdercoating of all stanchions / pulpits.
- New wire lifelines.
- New black lifeline pads.
- New black canvas covers for steering wheels.
- New Harken headstay carbo foil (still in its box on the container).
- New double deck Spinlock clutches for dual spinnaker sheets.
- New system and detailed rearrangement applied to accommodate faster spinnaker hoists using the primary winches.
- New EXPEDITION tactical software purchased and installed.
- Serviced hydraulic panel and all hydraulic pumps on mast jack, boomvang and outhaul.