Well maintained and extensively updated high performance custom design carbon composite hulled boat from the legendary Farr Yacht Design, combines exhilarating performance with a comfortable interior.
Farr yacht Design description
“The Farr 520 is developed from the hugely successful Farr 52OD, a boat which has proven to results under IMS, PHRF, IRC and IRM rating systems. These moderate to light displacement flyers have achieved world renowned success – Bear of Britain being overall winner of the America’s Cup Jubilee Regatta
- Carbon built
- Carbon mast and carbon boom with stackpack and lazy jacks.
- Carbon retractable bowsprit and Carbon Spinnaker pole.
- PBO Rigging
- Extensive 20-sail sail wardrobe.
- Renewed B & G electronics.
- Air conditioning.
- Watermaker, generator, well equipped galley
- Electric anchor windlass.
- Two life rafts plus a large amount of other safety equipment.
- Carbon and epoxy composite.
- Post cured low density ‘Super light’ balsa in high load areas forward Corecell foam: Various densities Epoxy coated.
- Composite structural framework for the rig/keel loads.
- Deck painted with linear polyurethane paint.
- Topsides painted with linear polyurethane paint in a dark grey colour.
- Bottom faired and primed in barrier coat epoxy prior to it being sanded and painted.
- Foils are epoxy coated.
- Two keel viewing windows in hull.
- Propeller viewing window in hull.
- Rudder viewing window in hull.
Keel & Rudder:
- Faired SG iron fin keel and lead bulb.
- Carbon rudder and stock.
- Custom carbon fibre radial drive quadrant.
- Custom rudder bearings upper and lower.
- Custom carbon fibre steering wheels port and starboard 1,120mm diameter.
- Dual steering chain.