The mythical Grand Soleil 34 is a true legend: designed by Finot in the 1970s, has remained in production until the 1980's, with over 300 hulls made. Today, past and future meet in this restyling, based on the same concept as a small-big boat. Forms are more modern, enhance performance and spaces, without sacrificing comfort and quality materials. The interior layout is divided in two cabins; a large portside aft cabin and an owner cabin in the bow that can be transformed into a sail locker during race. Astern, on the starboard side there’s a very spacey and high head and behind a wide storage cabin.
The Grand Soleil 34 is optimized for ORC and IRC racing, and is a very competitive club racer.
Standard Single rudder or optional Twin rudders
Standard tiller or optional double wheels
Hull structure made with unidirectional and biaxial fabrics and carbon reinforcements, all laminated internally to the hull
Standard stainless steel IRC keel blade with lead bulb, draft 7′, optional Shallow Keel option
IRC and ORC optimization options
Volvo Penta D1 20-18 hp engine with Saildrive
COMFORT & PERFORMANCE
The GS34 is aimed at owners who love fun, sportive cruising and offshore racing, and was inspired by the open ocean boats. Great attention was put in the design and naval architecture process in order to create an offshore racing boat that is easy to sail at maximum performance but at the same time a very comfortable fast cruiser. The new GS 34 Performance was designed for IRC handicap rating in offshore race and for ORC with an optimized sail plan and appendages. In this way the boat can be competitive in both offshore and inshore International regulations and with a great rating handicap.
MADE TO WIN
The hull geometry and appendages are the result of numerous Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and statistical analysis using Velocity Prediction Programs (VPP) compared with various rating systems. These analysis has lead into a new generation of hull with a medium light displacement for an optimal ratio between the different rating systems and between performance and sportive cruising.
- Yard Grand Soleil Forli Italia
- Design team Skyron
- Ballast 2200 kg
- Interview Happy GS34 owner Justtina in Afloat magazin
- Vaartest van de Grand Soleil 34 Zeilen 11/2018.
- Review in Seahorse magazine
- Interview Happy GS34 owner Baby Grand
- Podracer : 2nd place in IRC 1 and a 4th place in IRC Overall, a 5th place in ORC 2 and 6th in ORC Overall 2019 Spi Ouest France, Trinité-sur-Mer | September 2020
- Cap Solidaires En Peloton ( (Grand Soleil 34 / Y C de Dinard), 2nd position IRC B
- Ted Ruegg and the GS 34 in second place at the Annapolis Yacht Club Regatta in ORC2| October 2020
- 1st place in Middle Sea Race class ORC 6, 3rd place in IRC class 6 | October 2019
- I ° class, I ° overall, I ° line honors at the Tag Heuer Vela Cup Capo d’Orlando | October 2019
- 1st Italian Offshore Championship | May 2019
- 1st place Overall Ranking @GS Cup Portopiccolo
- 2nd place IRC 1 and 4th place in IRC Overall, 5th place ORC 2 and 6th place in ORC Overall @Roma for all | April 2019
- 2nd place in ROME x 2 | 2018
- 3rd place ORC at 151 miles | 2018
- 2nd place in IRC Overall, 3rd place ORC Overall, 1st IRC and ORC at Palermo Montecarlo