This Landmark 43 has been maintained by her skipper/owner by the highest standards and was refitted with:
- new sails 2021-2022 One Sails and North Sails
- Keel rudder optimized Matteo Polli
- new winches
- new running rigging
The Landmark 43 is a remarkable fast racing/cruiser sailboat. The hull is made of fiberglass re-inforced epoxy sandwich and gelcoat. The keel frame inside the boat is made of carbon composite and the whole hull and deck are laminated together to create an even more stiff structure.
The deck layout is designed by former Volvo Ocean race members and shows optimal working space for the main sheet trimmer as the mainsheet traveller is placed on the aft of the deck.
To save weight all interior components such as cubboards and doors are made of plastic honeycomb material covered by luxurieus wood veneer. Floorboards are sandwich material covered by laminate.
This Landmark 43 is hull #9 from the Dubai Ship Yard Premier Composite Technologies Ltd.
Several improvements were made to the original Landmark design:
- Lighter hull, significant weight saving compared to earlier boats
- Full carbon keel frame inside the hull
- Hall Spars full carbon mast & boom
- Both symmetrical and asymmetrical set up (carbon spinnaker boom & carbon bowsprit)
- Extended electric system panel with 24 breaker/switches
- Mastervolt Lithium battery 12V / 180 Ah house battery (2016)
- Carbon light weight racing salon table
- Carbon light weight entry hatch
- Carbon foot frame for mainsheet trimmer
- Carbon deck patches for spinnaker sheet turning blocks
- Foldable, aluminum cleats (6)
- Additional 4 cupboards in the main cabin
- A Lewmar hatch at each side of the main cabin roof that can be opened
The Landmark 43 is a Mark Mills design and has been one of the most successfull racing boats over the past 8 years in national and international regatta’s. The 2016 ORCi World Championship was won by a Landmark 43 with 2 other Landmarks ranked in the top 10.
She won the Dutch National Championship in 2015 and several other first prizes since it was launched in 2011 with the former owner.