TOLENZE, formerly "SILVER MACHINE", is one of the four designed by Judel &Vrolijk, the legendary Admirals Cup, which was produced between 1989 and 1990 on the KNIERIM shipyard were built entirely from carbon Nomex sandwich. The 3 Sister ships have the same legendary names in sailing circles: PINTA, CONTAINER and SAUDADE and are probably the most elegant (and also most expensive) Yachts ever built in the one-ton class. The new price of a Racers from this series amounted to over 1.4 million DM in 1990.
From 1991 to 2000, TOLENZE competed in a few races as part of the Admiral Cup. Between 2005 and 2013 TOLENZE was mostly on Land, first in Rostock and then for overhaul in Hamburg. This is how the explain the excellent general condition of the entire construction.
From 2010 to 2014 TOLENZE was at a shipyard in Hamburg-Harburg to be completely overhauled.
- new underwatership with Flexshield (thick-film epoxy).
- the underwater ship in the stern area was straightened
- keel added lead bomb of approx. 500 kg weight.
- all stanchions as well as the pulpit and pushpit were made from V4A
- Both the entire running rigging and a lot of deck fittings as well as all jib rails / pulleys and the traveler incl. mainsheet fittings were renewed during
- the backstays were finished in 2017 sheathed Dyneema ropes completely renewed
- the deck was completely redesigned and provided with an anti-slip epoxy coating.
- Interior renewed, during which the entire electrical system was renewed.
- A new VW marine diesel engine and a large Flexofold folding propeller was put