The Open 42 one off is a special yacht, with full Carbon Nomex autoclave hull, rotating mast, canting keel and a light displacement around 3,2 Tons and the agressive hull shape (12,8 m of length by 4,6 m of beam), add to this a full carbon keel blade, an innovative battery system and you have a special racer meeting state of the art technology.
Designed and engineered to be raced in long distance races by a small crew of 4-6.
Equipped with a canting keel and a rotating mast, Kuka-Light has been constantly developed during the last few years and has highlighted her pedigree under ORC.
Every year the carbon fin and the structural parts of boat and mast have been checked by QI-Composite with ultra sound testing. All hardware of the boat has been checked and replaced during every winter.
Since launching the boat has been consistently upgraded and tweaked
- Designer - Schickler/Tagliapietra Yacht Design
- Builder - Marstrom Composite (hull and deck) / Soleri boatyard (assembling parts, creating internal structures and fitting-out the essential systems and interior furnishings)
- Hull type - Carbon composite
- Keel - full carbon fin with lead bulb, Canted with single ram with electric pump (Cariboni)
- CE-certificate CIN SCSSMK42E213
Click the link to Read the article on the Worlds Coolest Yacht