She is hull # 4 and is in excellent condition being maintained by a full time Captain. The Swan 42 has many functions, with being able to race under a one design format, or under IRC, or very successful under ORCi, in Europe or if so desired, take the family for a week's long jaunt.
Several new Doyle sails in 2015 to go along with the other 25 bags of sails from different years, B/G wind gear, radar, she lacks for nothing to compete either inshore or also has several specialty offshore sails.
MUTINY is an excellent option to compete at a high level under many options.
A true all around dual purpose racer/cruiser
4th overall in the NYYC Invitational cup in 2015, and 5th overall in the 2017 Rolex Invitational, and being one of three boats in the regatta that claimed two or more bullets during the event
Updates in the last 2 years ( 2014 and 2015)
- New rudder bearing recessed into hull as not to cause corrosion on anodized parts.
- New Keel bolt plates. changed from Steel, to G10 plates. Reduces significant rusting
- Re-clear coated mast.
- Re-anodized spreader bars
- Painted boom
- Painted steering Quadrant
- Changed from wire steering cables to 7mm Sk90 dyneema rope
- All new running rigging from New England Ropes 2014
- poly tec halyards with dynex dux core (color coded)
- vec tec spin sheets with dynex dux core
- poly tec jib sheets
- Spare rope package from 2015 invitational regatta. Used one week
- Jib track in-hauler system
- Carbon roller furler headstay
- Deck mounting for a life raft
- Mom 8A safety unit
- Life Sling
- Driver chalks. Angled for upwind sailing. (Removable)
- Offshore safety jack lines
- 5 offshore Mustang life jackets with tethers
- Emergency tiller
- Harken snatch blocks, spare clutch parts.
- Swan Cruising gear from factory
- Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
· Hull is infusion molded Eglass/vinylester laminate with carbon reinforcements in selected areas.
· Watertight bulkhead at bow, drained forepeak.
· Stainless chainplate deck fittings.
· Topsides are gelcoat.
· Epoxy coated bottom, sprayed.
· Deck is infusion molder E glass vinylester laminate sandwich deck with glass skins and
closed cell foam cores.
- Keel & Rudder:
· Epoxy coated.
· Rudder blade of GRP from female mold.
· Carbon/epoxy stock.