W36 WORLDS EDITION in very good condition, ready for a new campaign. Equipped for shorthanded and crewed sailing
And she is off to a good start as she won the first two races of the season 2023 in ORC1 beating an Italia 1198, X41 and J122!
In 2018 and 2019 she won many races such as :
- 1 IRC Doublehanded Nationals 2019 UK
- 1 IRC Nationals 2018 NL (full crewed)
- Overall winner all IRC classes (full crewed).
- 1 Channel Race 2019 (Doublehanded/IRC)
- 1 Yeoman Cup 2019 (Doublehanded/ORC)
- 1 Deltaweekend 2019 (Doublehanded Southern Championship NED/ORC)
- 2 ORC Nationals 2019 NED (Doublehanded)
- 2 RORC North Sea Race 2019 (Doublehanded/IRC)
- 2 Cherbourg Race 2019 (Doublehanded/IRC)
- New set of sails North 2022
- New running rigging 2022
- New carbon (high modulus!) racing mast & spreaders and boom Axxon 2022
- New Rod rigging (new, 2022)
- Enerpack mast jack (new, June 2022)
- Winches serviced 2022
- New navigation and deck lights 2022 and many more
In 2020 season boat was not sailing. The boat was always stored in warm room during offseason. All units were serviced correctly in time. Engine in June, 2022, winches in June, 2022. The bottom, keel and rudder has fully serviced in June, 2022. Antifouling is International VC 17m Extra
IRC / ORC displacement: 4699 kilo
Builder Waarschip Composites
Design: Peltzer Performance Yacht design Holland
The boat is made in unique sandwich composite, it features a wooden core sandwiched in glass/epoxy. The epoxy is based on biological source material. The hull bottom is made of a Red cedar sandwich with biaxial E-glass, topsides and deck are cored marine ply sandwich with biaxial E-glass. The cockpit floor is PVC foam cored for lightness and stiffness. All halyards and most underdeck adjustment in a dedicated underdeck watertight conduit.
A solid aluminum keel frame is fitted to distribute the keel and mast loads safely to the composite structure.
- Cast iron fin fitted with a lead bulb precision cast by Schumacher, Germany. Both are casted from CNC manufactured moulds.
- The keel is fitted with a wide flange into the hull.
- The exterior of the keel is professionally shaped.
- Glass fiber epoxy rudder made by Ceilidh composites over an CNC milled foam core.
- Stainless rudder stock and self-aligning bearings by Jefa Denmark.
- Carbon fiber helm with Spinlock tiller extension.
Mainsail: 44 m2
Jib: 33 m2
Aysmmetric: 130 m2
The ‘W36 Worlds Edition’ may be the only reusable and carbon-neutral yacht. The experts selected the type of FSC wood, its specific characteristics and natural fiber structure and treated it with biodegradable epoxy. Then they ‘baked’ it briefly in an oven to achieve extra durability. The result is lighter, stronger and more sustainable than the usual composite and carbon materials.
A design build around the sailors, and optimized for the two leading handicap systems IRC and ORC. The W36 has a World Sailing certificate to comply to OSR category 2 (e.g. Rolex Fastnet Race), allowing the freedom to perform at any event.