W36 WORLDS EDITION
A new design, that has proven to be a winning design planting it’s (eco-) footprint by it’s large list of wins in 2018 and 2019:
- #1 IRC Doublehanded Nationals 2019 UK
- #1 IRC Nationals 2018 NL (full crewed)
& #1 - Overall winner all IRC classes (full crewed).
- #1 Channel Race 2019 (Doublehanded/IRC)
- #1 Yeoman Cup 2019 (Doublehanded/ORC)
- #1 Deltaweekend 2019 (Doublehanded Southern Championship NED/ORC)
#2 ORC Nationals 2019 NED (Doublehanded)
#2 RORC North Sea Race 2019 (Doublehanded/IRC)
- #2 Cherbourg Race 2019 (Doublehanded/IRC)
Icing on the cake team W36 Hubo is awarded the honorable ‘Prince Henry of The Netherlands Award 2019’ for their unprecedented contribution to international offshore sailing! For 2020? W36 Hubo is the boat to beat at the IRC and ORCi Worlds 2020 in New York
IRC / ORC displacement: 4699 kilo
Builder Waarschip Composites
The boat is made in unique sandwich composite, it features a wooden core sandwiched in glass/epoxy. The epoxy is based on biological source material. The hull bottom is made of a Red cedar sandwich with biaxial E-glass, topsides and deck are cored marine ply sandwich with biaxial E-glass. The cockpit floor is PVC foam cored for lightness and stiffness. All halyards and most underdeck adjustment in a dedicated underdeck watertight conduit.
A solid aluminum keel frame is fitted to distribute the keel and mast loads safely to the composite structure.
- Cast iron fin fitted with a lead bulb precision cast by Schumacher, Germany. Both are casted from CNC manufactured moulds.
- The keel is fitted with a wide flange into the hull.
- The exterior of the keel is professionally shaped.
- Glass fiber epoxy rudder made by Ceilidh composites over an CNC milled foam core.
- Stainless rudder stock and self-aligning bearings by Jefa Denmark.
- Carbon fiber helm with Spinlock tiller extension.
Mainsail: 42 m2
Jib: 32 m2
Spinnaker 101 m2
The ‘W36 Worlds Edition’ may be the only reusable and carbon-neutral yacht. The experts selected the type of FSC wood, its specific characteristics and natural fiber structure and treated it with biodegradable epoxy. Then they ‘baked’ it briefly in an oven to achieve extra durability. The result is lighter, stronger and more sustainable than the usual composite and carbon materials.
A design build around the sailors, and optimized for the two leading handicap systems
IRC and ORC. W36 Hubo has a World Sailing certificate to comply to OSR category 2 (e.g. Rolex Fastnet Race), allowing the freedom to perform at any event.