The entire X41 was checked in Springtime this year. Also the complete engine was removed, serviced and new installed. The rod was checked approx. 1 ½ year ago and is in good condition. She is currently to be visited on the hard
This X41 features:
- Painted carbon fibre mast and boom.
- Carbon spinnaker pole.
- Sail wardrobe of 14 racing or cruising sails.
- Tuff luff forestay.
- Replaced flush deck roller furler.
- 3-cabin 1-heads interior layout.
- Carbon steering wheel.
Compliant with the EU’s Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised ‘A’ for up to 10 persons.
• White GRP hull constructed using a sandwich construction of E-glass and PVC foam.
• Hull created using a female mould.
• Vinylester resin used for the outer layers for added resistance to osmosis and polyester resin thereafter.
• Varied core thickness and density as required to reduce weight from lesser loaded areas whilst maximising strength were required.
• Areas around high load areas such around the keel framework and rudder bearings etc are constructed out of solid fibreglass rather than with the foam sandwich.
• Galvanised steel framework to support the keel and mast loads and maintaining both toughness and responsiveness.
• Additional structural support is created from a moulded fibreglass liner.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Deck is bonded to the hull with adhesive
• GRP deck laminated in vinylester resin, vacuum-bagged with a sandwich construction.
• Exposed deck surfaces finished in white gelcoat and non-slip finish
• GRP non-slip, and cockpit sole.
• Teak to the cockpit seat bases.
Keel & Rudder:
• Performance orientated fin keel with iron fin and lead T-shaped bulb
• Deep spade rudder with Jefa bearings